While addressing a campaign rally in Haryana for the assembly elections, Prime Minister Narendra Modi asserted to divert and stop the river water flowing to Pakistan. He argued that portion of water will be used to irrigate the fields of Haryana and Rajasthan for the development of agriculture in the states. Earlier Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat had said that the country is working on possibilities to use the water for farmers, industries and people. However, India and Pakistan both are bounded by the Indus Water Treaty which forbids them to take any unilateral stand by stopping the water flow. Though India is on advantageous position still it seems quite impractical owing to its environmental and diplomatic effects. What may be the outcome but do you agree about the diversion and stoppage of water to Pakistan.
Comments / Discussion Board - Should India divert its share of water flowing to Pakistan?
- Should India divert its share of water flowing to Pakistan?
- Do you hold Rahul Gandhi responsible for the defeat of Congress in Lok Sabha elections 2019?
- Do you think IAF strike will help BJP in Lok Sabha elections ?
- Do you think Rahul Gandhi has finally emerged as a true leader?
- Will Virat Kohli surpass the various records of Sachin Tendulkar?
- Will BJP make a comeback to power in poll bound states of Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, and Madhya Pradesh?
- Can India trust Imran Khan as Pakistan New Prime Minister?
- Is Rahul Gandhi ready to lead the nation as Prime Minister?
- Do you support the central government proposal to scrap University Grants Commission ?
- Do you support Aam Aadmi Party's demand for full statehood to Delhi?