The idea of holding simultaneous Lok Sabha and state assembly elections as proposed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi found support as well as dissidence. Those supporting him argued that as elections involve public expenditure and use of government employees and public buildings so it should be wrapped in one go. This will help in strengthening the democracy of the government and will ensure the stable government in center and states. These arguments are countered by many who do not support the idea of holding elections for parliament and state legislatures simultaneously. They say that as Lok Sabha election involves national issues, state elections are fought on local issues. This completely ignores the diversity of the country. Further, it will mean deployment of a large number of security forces which keeping in view the current strength is not possible. Now in the wake of this political debate do you agree with the idea of holding simultaneous Lok Sabha and state assembly elections
Comments / Discussion Board - Is it a good idea to hold Lok Sabha and State Assembly elections simultaneously?
- Should India divert its share of water flowing to Pakistan?
- Do you hold Rahul Gandhi responsible for the defeat of Congress in Lok Sabha elections 2019?
- Do you think IAF strike will help BJP in Lok Sabha elections ?
- Do you think Rahul Gandhi has finally emerged as a true leader?
- Will Virat Kohli surpass the various records of Sachin Tendulkar?
- Will BJP make a comeback to power in poll bound states of Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, and Madhya Pradesh?
- Can India trust Imran Khan as Pakistan New Prime Minister?
- Is Rahul Gandhi ready to lead the nation as Prime Minister?
- Do you support the central government proposal to scrap University Grants Commission ?
- Do you support Aam Aadmi Party's demand for full statehood to Delhi?