Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan who took over as new Prime Minister of Pakistan, in his first reaction expressed willingness to work with India to build a safe, stable and secure South Asia free of terror and violence. After election, his party sent invitations to some of the Bollywood and Indian cricket stars. Navjot Singh Sidhu attended the swearing-in ceremony of Imran Khan and suggested cricket series between Indian Premier League and Pakistan Super League champions. So far everything seems normal. But still, there are apprehensions on how the two countries resolve their conflicts including Kashmir. Because he will have little freedom to decide any policies on Kashmir, India, etc., sans the Pakistani military. In a country where future of a political leader is destined to be shaped by the army, Imran Khan has shown the eagerness for a dialogue with India. But despite all the main question lies in front of all of us that should India trust the master of reverse swing, Imran Khan as the face of change in Pakistan.
Comments / Discussion Board - Can India trust Imran Khan as Pakistan New Prime Minister?
- Should India divert its share of water flowing to Pakistan?
- Do you hold Rahul Gandhi responsible for the defeat of Congress in Lok Sabha elections 2019?
- Do you think IAF strike will help BJP in Lok Sabha elections ?
- Do you think Rahul Gandhi has finally emerged as a true leader?
- Will Virat Kohli surpass the various records of Sachin Tendulkar?
- Will BJP make a comeback to power in poll bound states of Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, and Madhya Pradesh?
- Can India trust Imran Khan as Pakistan New Prime Minister?
- Is Rahul Gandhi ready to lead the nation as Prime Minister?
- Do you support the central government proposal to scrap University Grants Commission ?
- Do you support Aam Aadmi Party's demand for full statehood to Delhi?