The Punjab National Bank (PNB) fraud episode involving Nirav Modi and diamond merchant Mehul Choksi has come at a time when the poll schedule for Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh is yet to be announced. The BJP must be regretting the timing of the massive fraud which is estimated to cost the exchequer a loss of about Rs. 11,300 crore. The stake is high for the ruling government and is sure to dent the ever honest image of PM Modi. Congress toughening its stand on the fraud is leaving no stone unturn to project the present government in bad light. As the political slugfest continues the main question is will such a massive fraud affect the poll prospects of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in upcoming assembly elections.
Comments / Discussion Board - Will various scams and frauds affect the performance of BJP in upcoming elections?
- Do you think Rahul Gandhi has finally emerged as a true leader?
- Will Virat Kohli surpass the various records of Sachin Tendulkar?
- Will BJP make a comeback to power in poll bound states of Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, and Madhya Pradesh?
- Can India trust Imran Khan as Pakistan New Prime Minister?
- Is Rahul Gandhi ready to lead the nation as Prime Minister?
- Do you support the central government proposal to scrap University Grants Commission ?
- Do you support Aam Aadmi Party's demand for full statehood to Delhi?
- Is it a good idea to hold Lok Sabha and State Assembly elections simultaneously?
- Do you support Arvind Kejriwal's decision to say sorry to end defamation cases against him?
- Will various scams and frauds affect the performance of BJP in upcoming elections?